I love the homeschooling community – especially the homeschool blogging community, which puts so much inspiration and so many great ideas right at your fingertips, without ever leaving the comfort of your home.
I’ve got lots of great homeschooling blogs in my reader and I bet you do, too, but today I wanted to spotlight five that you should have in your reader, if you don’t already.
1. Homeschool Creations. In addition to having so many creative ideas for preschool and elementary-aged kids, Jolanthe offers dozens of free printables for every aspect of homeschooling, from planning to games to worksheets.
2. Jimmie’s Collage. I love Jimmie’s creativity. I’ve said, on more than one occasion, that I was going to send my kids to her house for school. From living math to hands-on science, I’m always picking up great ideas from this incredible Charlotte Mason-styled homeschool mom. If you love notebooking, you’ll want to check out Jimmie’s newest creation, The Notebooking Fairy.
3. Handbook of Nature Study. It was Barb’s passion for nature and easy-to-implement ideas that got my family interested in nature study. In addition to encouraging families to get out and explore the world around them, Barb offers fantastic resources for art and music study on her other blog, Harmony Art Mom.
4. The Homeschool Classroom. This one is a great bargain for your blog-following time because it’s a group blog with posts by some of the best homeschool bloggers around (and me). I’ve been a part of The Homeschool Classroom since it was begun by Angie (Many Little Blessings) several years ago and I continue to be impressed by the quality of the posts shared each week.
5. Simple Homeschool. Another fantastic group blog (full disclosure: I write for them, too), the posts at Simple Homeschool are designed to encourage you to bring the joy back into your homeschool by living a simple life with your family. You’ll be inspired by post that offer you “tips, tools, and techniques to teach your children with confidence.”
What about you? What are some of your favorite homeschool blogs?
top image courtesy of pixabay
Are you a new homeschool mom? Check out my eBook, Homeschooling 101. If you’re already homeschooling and would like to add more hands-on educational opportunities in your day, you might like Hands-On Learning.