As promised – because I know you’re all waiting on tenterhooks – I’m sharing an update on my weight-loss. I wish I had some super-exciting news to share, but, to be honest, I was rather disappointed in my results this week. Essentially, I stayed the same.
I wish that I had come home from my health risk assessment and weighed on my scale. There was a big drop from the Wednesday I got back on track and the following Monday when I weighed on my scale, but I’m not really sure how much of that was actual loss and how much was a difference in scales. Knowing that might make me feel better about a smaller loss in what is basically week 2.
I don’t feel like the scale showed an accurate reflection of the effort I put in last week. I did have one bad eating day last Friday, but it shouldn’t have been enough to offset all the good choices I made last week.
That’s okay, though. Sometimes it happens that way. I’m just going to keep making good choices and plugging away.
What I did right last week:
- Followed my workout schedule
- Got in extra steps by walking on the treadmill during Megan’s gymnastics class
- Made a healthy dessert for our family dinner and had a reasonable serving
- Made a healthy breakfast on Saturday
My goals for this week:
- Work on being more active on the weekend
- Be at or below my calorie goal every day (excluding Monday in which I made a very poor decision that I later regretted)
- Work on hitting my step goal at least 5 of 7 days
How are you doing with your weight-loss efforts?