A couple of weeks ago, we covered the 10 clues you might be a homeschool parent. Now, for those kids out there who may not be sure, I offer you 10 clues that you might be a homeschool kid. Just in case you aren’t sure.
1. Sometimes, when people ask you what grade you’re in you stare at them blankly while trying to remember. This can be especially confusing if all the grade numbers on your school books aren’t the same.
2. You have occasionally seen a look of horror cross your mother’s face when you answer the question, “Where do you go to school?” with “Oh, we don’t go to school.”
3. Seeing your teacher and your principal make out is a little gross, but not cause for school gossip.
4. School lunches are actually really good.
5. Your birthday is always a school holiday.
6. People think you’re weird and unsocialized when they find out where you go to school even though they didn’t appear to think those things before.
7. You have to practice standing in a straight line with your siblings and a few friends before going on a field trip.
8. Showing up for school in your PJs isn’t a nightmare from which you hope to wake up.
9. You never have homework…or you always have homework. It just depends on if you’re a glass is half-empty or a glass is half-full kind of person.
10. You never have to worry about getting the mean teacher at school next year. If you do your work and don’t bicker with your siblings, you might just get her a few days each year.
What clues would your homeschooled kids add?
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.