10 End of the Year Party Ideas for Teens
When my kids were younger, some friends and I would plan an end of the year homeschool party every year. It’s something that everyone – kids and adults, alike – looked forward to. There are lots of fun ways to celebrate the end of the school year, but sometimes teenagers can be a bit pickier. They’re not such fans of the playground anymore.
So, I consulted with my teens for teen-friendly end of the year party ideas.
1. Pizza party. Teenagers plus pizza. There really is no need to say more.
2. Pool party. Rent a local community pool or see if someone in your group has one they’re willing to share. You might want to combine this one with the pizza party idea.
3. Amusement park. Plan a day for your teens and their friends to meet up at a local (or not-so-local, because sometimes getting there is half the fun) amusement park. You might want to see if the park offers group or school discounts.
4. Indoor venue. Try something indoors to beat the heat and not have to worry about sunscreen. Many places offer a party room, so you could still do pizza or snacks. Some ideas include indoor rock climbing, a trampoline park, or bowling.
5. Beach day. If you live near a beach, pack a lunch and the sunscreen (I’m a mom to gingers, y’all), invite your friends and head out for a day of sand and surf.
6. Overnight trip. If you’ve got teens, you may want to consider an overnight trip – maybe camping, an extended field trip, or that not-so-local amusement park I mentioned. If you go camping, don’t forget the hot dogs and s’mores supplies!
7. Movie night. Host a movie night at your house for your teens and their friends. I have a friend who does amazing outdoor movies. They set up a screen and use a projector for a movie-theater feel. Plenty of food and snacks are available, including popcorn from a real popcorn machine. You can rent them – and cotton candy machines, too.
8. Game night. Host a game night. You could play board or card games, Pictionary (played Win-Lose-or-Draw style) or Minute to Win It games. If you have a projector, you can even set up video games on the big screen.
9. Laser tag. My kids and their friends love going out for an afternoon of laser tag. Paintball is always popular, too.
10. Go-karts. Go-kart racing is fun for teens, too. Often, go-kart tracks will have party rooms, so we’re back to pizza and snacks again.
Do you have teens? What are some of their favorite party ideas for an end-of-year celebration?
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday and the Hip Homeschool Hop.
Now I feel bad for not doing anything for my younger kids’ last day. Maybe we’ll plan a movie night on the older kids’ last day (next week). I honestly never even thought about celebrating it. 🙁