Is anybody still with me on the Weekly Challenges? Tell me you’re still out there. We’re getting to the part where the initial excitement is starting to wear off the and the reality of the scope of the commitment this journey is going to take is starting to set in. Don’t quit! If we just keep moving forward, we can reach our goals.
How did you do with last week’s challenges? If you had a successful eat out challenge, I’d love to hear about it. I’ve got a few place where I know I can have an enjoyable meal for under 500 calories, but I’d love to have some new ideas to tuck away for future reference.
Let’s get to this week’s challenges…
1. Change your cardio routine this week (and next). I read an article on the Apex (bodybugg) site that said you should change your cardio routine every other week in an effort to avoid those infamous plateaus. I will be posting more on my experience with that this past week in tomorrow’s post, but for now, I’ll suffice it to say that it does work.
If you’ve been walking, switch to an biking (exercise or actual bike). Maybe you’ve been biking and you’d like to try the elliptical machine. Whatever you’ve been doing, switch it up, both to avoid the plateau and to avoid boredom.
2. Find two or three healthy breakfasts that fit your lifestyle. All that you’ve heard about breakfast being the most important meal of the day is true. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism and helps you avoid overeating at lunch. Sometimes, though, our morning are crazy and we don’t have time to think about breakfast. Find something that you enjoy that is easy for you to prepare each morning. Some of my favoirtes:
- A bowl of Honey-nut Cheerios (not necessarily the top choice, nutritionally, but one of my faves and not bad enough that I feel guilty.
- A bowl of Special K with sliced banana. Even the new Protein Plus variety, which tastes like shredded cardboard on its own is good with a banana.
- Oatmeal (quick and easy in the microwave)
- Boiled egg and a piece of fruit
What are some of your favorite healthy breakfast choices?