What are you doing next Tuesday evening? How about a back-to-school Facebook party? Not sure you should attend? Then, let me give you my compelling Top 10 reasons you should!
1. You need your socialization. You don’t want to hang out at home alone and perpetuate the stereotypes.
2. You’ll get tools you can use on the topic of using technology in your homeschool. Leah Nieman from CurrClick will sharing her tips and tricks on the topic. You do know that CurrClick Live offers classes your students can take from home via your computer, don’t you? That’s how Brianna earned her high school Spanish credit.
3. You’ll get practical tips about homeschooling with dyslexia. Marianne Sunderland, whose new site Homeschool with Dyslexia just launched, will be sharing the information she’s gleaned from homeschooling her children – 7 out of 8 of them have dyslexia.
4. You’ll learn how to use hands-on projects all the way through high school. So often, hands-on learning falls to the wayside as kids get older. Megan Zechman from Education Possible will join us to share how age-appropriate, hands-on learning has a place in middle school and high school, too.
5. You can find out more about homeschooling through high school. I’ll be there (of course!), talking about homeschooling through high school. I’m not sure how many tips and tricks I have, but I’ve definitely learned from my experience with High School Round 1 and am applying what I’ve learned to improve on High School Round 2.
6. You’ll have a chance to win fabulous prizes! We’ll have prizes from:
- Geography Matters
- Homeschooling Today
- A Journey Through Learning
- See the Light
- Diana Waring
- Home Education Family
7. You can attend in your PJs! The best kind of party is the kind you don’t have to dress up for. Of course, the downside is, there won’t be a table full of finger foods. That just means you’ll have to get your own drink and bag of chocolate before the fun begins.
8. You’ll be encouraged. With all those fabulous speakers and fellow homeschooling mamas, how could you not be encouraged?
9. You can procrastinate on planning for a little longer – and all with the excuse of getting more prepared for the school year!
10. You can enjoy adult conversation. Enough said.
So, join me, won’t you? The party is next Tuesday, August 12, from 8-10 PM (ET) on the Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers Facebook page. Hope to see you there!