Finally, after a long, hot summer, those of us in the South are getting a taste of fall. I love fall! It is, hands down, my favorite time of year, so I’m loving this weather and it’s put me in the mood to share my ten favorite things about fall.
1. The cooler weather. I love the cool, crisp days of fall when the weather is just perfect — those days when you can decide between jeans and Capri’s, long-sleeves or short-sleeves, and whichever way you go, you can still be comfortable. It’s also a great time of year for field trips, nature studies, and any other good excuse for taking school outside.
2. The colorful leaves. I love the colors of changing leaves — the deep reds, the bright yellows, and the glorious oranges. Gorgeous.
3. Fall flowers. I think fresh-cut fall flowers are my favorites. I love the bouquets I can buy this time of year.
4. Open windows. Ahhhh…having my windows and doors open while a cool breeze wafts through the house is my idea of heaven. I do have to temper it some, though, with a houseful of allergy sufferers. I’m the only one in our house who doesn’t have seasonal allergies. 5. Football games. I don’t really watch football, though it’s one sport I don’t mind watching. My husband loves college football, though, so I love knowing that fall Saturdays will find him at home, relaxing (well, he’s usually not too relaxed during the games), doing something he enjoys. He works hard to support us, so I like seeing him make time for himself on occasion.
6. Camp fires. I don’t like camping out, but I like camp fires. The fact that we live in a subdivision does not stop us from having camp fires in the front yard when the weather is cool. The neighbors probably think we’re crazy — which is why we don’t share our s’mores. 😉
7. Cerulean skies. Seriously? Is there any blue as brilliant as a cloudless fall afternoon?
8. Falling back. So it’s only one night. I love that extra hour that we get each fall.
9. Thanksgiving. It’s one of my favorite holidays because it’s the one where I get to see family that we often see only once or twice a year, without all the stress of Christmas. (Isn’t it sad that we’ve made Christmas such a stressful time of year?)
10. Convertibles. My husband got a convertible a couple of years ago and fall is the time of year when I enjoy it most. It’s not hot like it is in the summer or too cool (usually) like it is in the spring. Fall is just right for driving around with the top down.
What are you favorite things about fall?