Hopefully, if you’re a homeschool mom or dad, you’re well aware of that fact. Should you ever get confused, however, here are 10 clues that you might be a homeschool parent.
1. You make out with your kids’ principal or teacher on a regular basis.
2. Home ec class looks a lot like cooking dinner and cleaning house.
3. You have learning centers all over the house – the reading corner (aka “the living room”), the kitchen center (aka “the kitchen), and the dress-up box (aka “the closet”).*
4. You know the postman or the UPS guy on a first-name basis and, although he acts friendly, you secretly suspect that he doesn’t like you because, well, boxes of books are really heavy.
5. You just might be smarter than a 5th grader…but only because you’re currently teaching one.
6. You have a science experiment in your kitchen…and it’s not just the moldy leftovers in the back of the fridge.
7. You regularly send your kids to school in their PJs.
8. Your China hutch is filled with books and school supplies not China.
9. Your keep a bookshelf in your dining room. Oh, and a dry erase board and maps on the wall.
10. You can’t think of a much better gift than an Amazon gift card, unless someone is offering you a day at home alone or a full night of uninterrupted sleep.
What are some signs that you may be a homeschool parent?