10 Days of Homeschool High School: Conclusion
I hope you’ve enjoyed the 10 Days of Homeschooling High School series. In case you missed something, I’ve linked below to all the topics that have been covered.
- My favorite resources
- Figuring out coursework
- Determining credit
- Nature study
- High school science
- Teaching algebra and higher level courses
- College prep diplomas
I believe that it is completely possible to give a child a solid education, at home, through high school. There are a multitude of ways to accomplish this. We have used a wide variety of resources, including:
- Our self-designed Twilight unit study
- History Odyssey
- Thinkwell Algebra I
- Apologia Biology
- Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance
- Any Novel Study Guide
- Teaching Literature in High school
- Easy Grammar’s Ultimate Series
- Institute for Excellence in Writing
- A Guide to Writing Your Novel
- Fun vocabulary books by Brian Leaf
We’re currently using Switched on Schoolhouse, which Brianna really enjoys. It gives us a good mix of independence and accountability. The key is finding the best fit for your individual child. What works for my child may not work for yours. What works for Brianna may not work for her younger siblings.
What are some of your favorite homeschool high school resources? Do you have any questions that I didn’t cover? Leave them in the comments and maybe I’ll do a follow-up post sometime in the next few weeks.
Be sure to visit these brilliant women during our 10 days adventure between November 7th-18th!
- 10 days of Character Studies | Confessions of a Homeschooler
- 10 days of Christmas Countdown Ideas | Milk & Cookies
- 10 days of Creative Writing | Chocolate on My Cranium
- 10 days of Crockpot Meals | The Happy Housewife
- 10 Days to a Godly Marriage | Women Living Well
- 10 Days of Growing Leaders | Mom’s Mustard Seeds
- 10 days of I Wish I Had Known | Fruit in Season
- 10 days of Keeping Your Marbles | The Tie That Binds Us
- 10 days of Kid-friendly Food | Planner Perfect
- 10 Days of Language Arts Lesson Planning | Jimmie’s Collage
- 10 Days of Learning Apps | Daze of Adventure
- 10 Days of a Mason Jar Christmas | Cajun Joie de Vivre
- 10 Days of More JESUS in Christmas | Preschoolers and Peace
- 10 Days to a Peaceful Home | Raising Arrows
- 10 Days of Raising a Life-Long-Learner | Bright Ideas Press
- 10 days of Science with Math | Blog, She Wrote
- 10 days of Teaching Values | Our Journey Westward
- 10 days of Winning your Child’s Heart | I Take Joy
ABeka for High School English is the BEST! It will give your child a solid grammar foundation–have been using it for 21 years!
I also like Apologia for Science!
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas, thoughts, and resources for teaching high school. My first homeschooled through high school, but my next two decided to head off to school for those years. My two youngest have decided they would rather die than go off to school. So, it looks like I need to get back into the groove of high school again!
I really enjoyed this series of posts! Even though high school is still a ways off for us, you really got me thinking about a lot of things. These posts have also helped me to sort out how we should be structuring the next four years so that we will be prepared for what's ahead. Thanks!