I avoided Pintrest for a really long time. I heard all the buzz, but I plugged my ears. It wasn’t that I had anything against Pintrest, but I knew I didn’t need one more think encouraging me to spend anymore time online. Between blogging, Twitter, Facebook and Words with Friends, I didn’t need any help in the “spend more time online department.”
I gave in last week, though, and I’m really glad I did. I’ve already found such cool things! Here are some of my favorites:
1. The Phases of the Moon…with Oreo cookies! Such a great visual and both fun and tasty to make. I definitely want to do this one with the kids this year.
2. DNA with Licorice and Mini-Marshmallows. Another great science project and, if you visit the original source you can get a great PDF file to go with it. The file contains some background information as well as a colorful, step-by-step guide to making the model.
3. Chip Clips. A great way to use those plastic clip clothes hangers from the store – the ones I usually throw away.
4. Paper Organizer. This adorable paper organizer is made of recycled cereal boxes. That’s a lot more fun than just tossing them in the recycle bin. FamilyFun is the original source for this great idea.
5. 10 Tips for a Great Quiet Time. I need to put these tips into practice now. My quiet time could use some improvement. Visit Terri Lynne Underwood to read the full post. (Yes, you can get there from Pintrest, but I know just a week ago I wasn’t 100% sure how all that worked.)
8. Cinnamon Roll Waffles. Oh. My. Word. These fall under the category of “things I shouldn’t try, but probably will.” Maybe I’ll take them to our small group meeting the next time we do breakfast foods. At least that way I’ll have someone to help me eat them. Click for the cinnamon roll waffles recipe.
9. Crochet Yarn Bag. This one didn’t link to the original source, so I’ll have to do some searching for the pattern when I get to the point that I feel brave enough to try it.
10. Crochet Owls. There’s no pattern for this one either. *sigh* Maybe once I know what I’m doing, I’ll be able to figure it out. They sure are cute!
Have you given in to Pintrest yet? If so, leave me your link and I’ll follow you.