When my kids were younger, our homeschool group used to do a spring fair each year. It was a great cure for spring fever because it gave us all a good excuse to break away from the rut of our day-to-day curriculum.
I’ve shared a few spring fair ideas and tip on how to organize a spring fair over at Real Life at Home. Today, I’ve got 25 spring fair theme ideas to get your creative juices flowing. If you’ve got some ideas I haven’t thought of, leave them in the comments!
1. U.S. Presidents
2. U.S. States
3. Night at the Museum
4. Science (general)
5. Famous scientists and their discoveries
6. Math – Set up stations for various hands-on math activities
11. Countries of the world
12. Biomes (a.k.a. “habitats” for us old people)
14. Famous poets and their work
15. Favorite books
16. Favorite authors
17. Famous artists
18. Foods from around the U.S.A.
19. Foods from around the world
20. Famous Americans
21. Show-and-Tell – Students set up displays featuring their projects and work samples from the school year.
22. Famous landmarks and their history
23. Events in history
24. Civilizations throughout history
25. Famous inventors and their inventions
What great ideas have I left out?