iBlog: A Blogging How-to Book for All Bloggers
I remember when I first heard the word “blog.” It was in 2005 or 2006 on a homeschool message board. One of the community leaders said that she had just started a blog. I asked, “A what?”
I didn’t understand the concept or why anyone would even want to blog. It wasn’t long, however, until the writer in me just had to check this blog thing out. I got my first comment and I was hooked. I still remember the feeling I had the first time I got a comment from someone I didn’t know. It was a heady feeling knowing that strangers would want to read my words.
Today there are, literally, millions of blogs. We turn to blogs for information, entertainment, and community. We write to make our voices heard. We read to feel connected.
Whether you’re just getting started or have been blogging for years, there is always something new to learn and always improvements to be made to create a better blog. That’s where iBlog comes in.
iBlog: everything you need to know about blogging from 30 top bloggers is nearly 400 pages of blogging tips and how-tos written by bloggers for bloggers. It answers questions such as:
- How do I take better photos for my blog?
- What is the secret to balancing motherhood and marriage with blogging?
- What is the best way to write a product review?
- What is an elevator pitch and why do I need one?
- How can I make the most of SEO (search engine optimization)?
- How can I get traffic to my blog and get visitors to subscribe?
- Are link-ups really worth the effort? And where do I find them?
- What is a media kit and how do I create one?
- Is guest posting important?
- How do you hold a Facebook party or Facebook hop?
- What are the insider secrets to using Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook?
- How can I sell my own products or give away freebies on my blog?
- Can I really earn money from affiliate programs?
I wrote the chapter on creating a media kit. Just in case you wondered.
Listen to what Jeni Elliot, blog coach and designer had to say:
“Finally, a comprehensive guide to all things blogging! iBlog is broad enough to cover all the important aspects of starting a new blog – from choosing your topic, to branding and social media, to making money – and deep enough to give you real, practical advice on how to implement each step. The writers are real, live bloggers who blog during naptimes and the in-between spaces each day but have found professional appeal and popularity in the homeschool blogging world. Don’t let the topics they write about fool you, though – iBlog is a great, go-to resource for blogging in any niche.”
You can visit the iBlog homepage to meet the contributors, check out the table of contents, and purchase your copy for just $7.99.
If you pick up a copy, let me know what you think. I’d love to hear!
I am an affiliate of iBlog and receive a portion of each sale. Comments on this post have been disabled due to excessive spam. Please email me if you have any questions about this product.
Thanks for the tip. It is crazy how much is involved in blogging and how much I still have to learn!
Comments are closed.