You know how sometimes you write some fun blog posts or those about which you felt really good when you hit “publish”? Then, they get buried in “older post” wasteland. Today, I thoughts I’d unearth a few of my old favorites from the “thoughts on education” label.
1. How Homeschooling Is Like Rock Band. Only a homeschooler could make a connection like that, right?
2. We’re Gonna Be in the Hudson. I love Capt. Sully Sullivan and I saw a lot of parallels between his amazing Hudson landing and education. Be sure to watch the video in this post. It amazes me every time.
3. The Public School Parents Guide to Homeschooling Parents. This one has been making the rounds again. It was something I sat down and wrote on a Sunday night, just having some fun, but it really is a honest look at some of the common misconceptions about homeschooling parents.
4. Feeling Comfortable in Your Homeschooling Skin. We need to quit comparing ourselves to other homeschooling families and just feel comfortable with who we are.
5. The Social Impact of Educational Choices. No matter where a child is educated there is going to be a social impact. It’s up to parents to weigh the pros and cons.
6. Our Changing Educational System. A lot has changed in the public school system since most of us were kids..and I really don’t think most of the changes have been positive ones.
There. I feel better now that I’ve unearthed a few of my favorite thoughts on education posts.