How often throughout the homeschool year could you use a little encouragement – sweet words from a friend to lift you up? Okay, maybe that’s too broad. How many times throughout the week? The day?
Anita Mellott is a homeschool mom who answered God’s nudging to write a book of encouragement for homeschooling moms (and dads).
School Is Where the Home Is is a unique devotional book containing 180 messages to boost a home educating parents’ flagging spirits – one message for each day of a traditional school year.
Each devotion starts with a related verse of Scripture followed by a short, personal anecdote from Anita’s homeschool life and closes with a section called “Digging Deeper,” which may contain some Scripture passages on which to reflect, a practical resource, or a question for you to think about as relates to your own life.
Each short devotion – something all busy homeschooling parents can appreciate – falls under one of the following headings:
- A Faith of Their One– Helping parents encourage their child’s relationship with Christ
- And a Child Will Lead Them– Insights gleaned from seeing life from a child’s perspective
- Gifts We Give Our Children– Encouragement to be intentional about discipling our children
- Homeschool Basics– Practical tips for the day-to-day struggles encountered as a homeschooling parent
- Homeschool Foundations– Biblical truths to stand on in the hard times
- Homeschool and Family – Tips for finding balance as a homeschooling family
- Homeschool and You– Encouragement for the primary homeschooling parent with regards to caring for herself
- Spiritual Vitamins – Nourishment for the soul
Not only does School Is Where the Home Is contain encouraging, uplifting messages for the spiritual and emotional aspects of homeschooling, but it addresses the practical issues that home educators face, offering tips for overcoming academic hurdles and ideas for developing our kids’ talents.
Anita is just a regular homeschool mom, like the rest of us, who goes through your average daily ups and downs as she educates her young teen and cares for a toddler. Unlike most of us, though, she experiences chronic pain due to a condition known as ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis which primarily affects the spine and for which there is no cure.
You can bless and support a fellow homeschooling mom by purchasing a book that will, in turn, bless and encourage you. It’s available on Amazon for just $10.87 or $9.99 for Kindle. The proceeds will help cover Anita’s medical bills and her family’s expenses.
I received this product free for the purpose of reviewing it. I received no other compensation for this review. The opinions expressed in this review are my personal, honest opinions. Your experience may vary. Please read my full disclosure policy for more details.