Do you ever daydream about places you’d like to visit for an awesome, extended, souped-up homeschool field trip? Here are thirteen of mine:
1. Washington, D.C. — I’ve never been and I’d love to take my kids to see our nation’s capital. I’d also definitely want to visit the Smithsonian.
2. Philadelphia, PA — I would love to see Constitution Hall, the Liberty Bell and all the other historical sites in this beautiful city.
3. Williamsburg, VA — I can’t imagine how awesome it must be to step back in time via the historical reenactments in Williamsburg.
4. Kennedy Space Center — I’ve actually been there a couple of times, but I would love to see an actual shuttle launch. It’s awe inspiring on TV; I can’t imagine how it would feel to be there.
5. Yosemite National Park — The pictures are so beautiful. It would be incredible to see Old Faithful.
6. Redwood National Park — I can’t imagine that the pictures do it justice.
7. The Pacific Coast — I’ve seen the Atlantic Ocean, but never the Pacific. I’d love to see it anywhere along the coastline, but I’ve heard that Washington State is beautiful.
8. St. Louis — I’d love to see the Arch and I’ve heard that there are a lot of fun, educational things to do for free in St. Louis. Free, fun, educational are always a good combination.
9. Rome, Italy — The Colosseum, the Forum, the roads and aqueducts. Wow! I’d love the opportunity to see, in person, all the things we’ve been studying about. Of course, we’d have to take a little side trip to Venice to ride in a gondola down the Grand Canal.
10. Egypt — the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Nile. Are you starting to get the impression that I’m a history buff? 😉
11. Jerusalem — I can’t imagine walking where my Lord walked and getting a first-hand look at the land of His birth, the places where He taught, the river where He was baptized. Incredible.
12. The Creation Museum — This one, I’m trying to talk my husband into actually doing. It would make an awesome weekend trip. I’ve heard it’s well worth the visit.
13. New York City — Can I call myself an American if I didn’t want to see the Statue of Liberty with my own eyes? 😉
What about you? Where would you like to visit? Have you been to any of the places on my wish list? If so, I’d love to live vicariously through you; if you’ve posted about it, leave a link to your blog.