Thursday Thirteen: Homeschool Websites You Should Have Bookmarked
If you don’t have these 13 homeschool websites bookmarked, you’re missing out. These are some of my favorite resources.
1. Paula’s Archives — great resources for everything from preschool to high school. I’ve referred to this one for years.
2. Calvary Chapel Children’s Ministry (no longer available) — coloring and activity pages for just about any story in the Bible.
3. National Geographic Coloring Book — true-to-life coloring pages, with facts, for a variety of animals.
4. Spelling City — create your own spelling lists for online study and games.
5. Best Homeschooling — tons of articles to encourage and inspire. Be sure to read my favorite, “A Preschool and Kindergarten Curriculum.”
6. Donna Young — hundreds of great printables for organizing your homeschool.
7. Vegsource Homeschool — I love their swap boards. They’re set up “flea market” style, so that each individual sets their prices. If you find what you’re looking for and it’s at a price you like — no being outbid or having a competing bidder drive the price up. I’ve always had great success here and never a bad experience buying or selling.
8. Simply Charlotte Mason — Loads of great resources for those Charlotte Mason homeschoolers (or those of us with a “little twist of Charlotte Mason”). All are either free or very reasonably priced.
9. Games to Make — Lots of printable games for your early learner.
10. Living Math — Don’t believe me that math can be fun? I didn’t either, until I found this site. Go check it out!
11. PPS Leveled Books — A great, low-key way to assess your child’s reading level.
12. Crayola’s USA Coloring Pages –Have fun working your way through a study of the United States.
13. Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers — Well, I hope you’ll want to put this one in your bookmarks, anyway. Surely you can forgive me one shameless plug. 😉
I wish I’d seen this list last year when I was ready to give up on the school system.
I love the networking of this list. I also love the photo of your family, they look awesome. I think homeschooling is brilliant!
Here is my TT:
Awesome list!!! Happy T13. Mine are up at a Daily Dose.
A Daily Dose of Toni
Great list! A couple of these I hadn’t seen yet. Thanks!
Interesting list. I don’t have kids, but homeschooling is definitely an option I’d look into if I did!
My list is up here. Stop by if you get a chance.
Oooo! I like the Simply Charlotte Mason site…it’s now in my favorites!
Like the list….
Looks like an interesting list. Boo hoo, I’d like to be on someone’s list like this someday 😉