It’s hard to believe that in just a few hours 2012 will be over and 2013 will begin. I’m always excited about the possibilities that a new year brings, but it’s also fun to reflect on the previous year.
In the spirit of looking back, I’d like to do a New Year’s Countdown of WUHS’s Top 10 Posts of 2012.
10. Trail Guide to Learning Review. You don’t know how much it excites me that my review of Trail Guide to Learning made my Top 10. We just love this curriculum, as well as the company behind it. I’ve said many times that if I had the patience and know-how to write my own curriculum it would look a lot like Trail Guide to Learning, with great books at its core and lots of hands-on activities.
9. Weight Loss Tips for Homeschooling Moms. I’m really excited that this one made the list, too, because I love inspiring and encouraging moms to take charge of their health and make positive changes. Losing weight has changed my life and I want to see other moms experience that same feeling of success.
8. Balancing Homeschool and Housework. This post offers some simple tips for getting the important things done and encouragement for leaving the rest…because the fact is, we really can’t do it all.
7. 10 Ways to Ruin Your Homeschool. My top 10 tips for ruining your homeschooling…just in case you ever wondered.
6. How to Make a Salt Dough Map. This photo-tutorial explaining how to make a salt dough map has consistently been in my top 10. Salt dough maps are one of our favorite hands-on activities for history and geography.
5. How to Make a Paper Mache Earth. This is another consistently high-ranking photo tutorial. The project was one of those rare ones that turned out exactly as I envisioned it. I’m so glad I captured each step in photos.
4. Curriculum. If you ever wonder what we’re using in our homeschool, this page answers it and it’s updated each year.
3. Top 5 Ways to Ensure Your Homeschooled Kid Is Weird and Unsocialized. Hey, it’s our duty to live up to the stereotypes, right?
2. 5 Homeschool Blogs You Should Be Following. If you’re not following these five homeschooling blogs, you should be! They’re some of my favorites.
1. Public School Parents’ Guide to Homeschooling Parents. I’m going to have to write some killer post some day if I ever hope to knock this one out of its top spot. It’s been number one since the week I wrote it, no matter the year. I had no idea it would be so popular. It was just a fun little post I wrote to address some common misconceptions. I’m glad y’all enjoyed it!
Have fun counting down the new year tonight. Am I the only one who will be watching nostalgically, knowing that it won’t be the same without Dick Clark?