As promised – because I know you’re all waiting on tenterhooks – I’m sharing an update on my weight-loss. I wish I had some super-exciting news to share, but, to be honest, I was rather disappointed in my results this week. Essentially, I stayed the same.
I wish that I had come home from my health risk assessment and weighed on my scale. There was a big drop from the Wednesday I got back on track and the following Monday when I weighed on my scale, but I’m not really sure how much of that was actual loss and how much was a difference in scales. Knowing that might make me feel better about a smaller loss in what is basically week 2.
I don’t feel like the scale showed an accurate reflection of the effort I put in last week. I did have one bad eating day last Friday, but it shouldn’t have been enough to offset all the good choices I made last week.
That’s okay, though. Sometimes it happens that way. I’m just going to keep making good choices and plugging away.
What I did right last week:
- Followed my workout schedule
- Got in extra steps by walking on the treadmill during Megan’s gymnastics class
- Made a healthy dessert for our family dinner and had a reasonable serving
- Made a healthy breakfast on Saturday
My goals for this week:
- Work on being more active on the weekend
- Be at or below my calorie goal every day (excluding Monday in which I made a very poor decision that I later regretted)
- Work on hitting my step goal at least 5 of 7 days
How are you doing with your weight-loss efforts?
Kris Bales is a newly-retired homeschool mom and the quirky, Christ-following, painfully honest founder (and former owner) of Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. She has a pretty serious addiction to sweet tea and Words with Friends. Kris and her husband of over 30 years are parents to three amazing homeschool grads. They share their home with three dogs, two cats, a ball python, a bearded dragon, and seven birds.